Senior Water Resources Manager (PE)
Any LA Office or Ocean Springs, MS
What does this job entail?
The Senior Water Resources Manager (PE) will have experience working on various water resources projects with an extensive background in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling. You will have the unique opportunity to take a leadership role in our continued growth across the Gulf Coast on a variety of drainage, stormwater, and water resource projects for public clients including municipalities, parishes, drainage districts, and state and federal agencies. You will have the opportunity to work on the Region 4 Louisiana Watershed Initiative modeling contract and participate in the state CTP contract and federal FEMA contracts. The Senior Water Resources Manager (PE) should have proven experience in managing clients, managing a production team, and leading project delivery. This position requires technical experience and/or familiarity with H&H modeling analyses, water resources planning, and design of private and public drainage infrastructure.
Technical responsibilities include:
- Managing and performing routine complex engineering work related to watershed modeling and design that requires application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Giving and enhancing technical guidance to water resources staff regarding model development and/or drainage design
- Providing quality control for various water resources projects
- Keeping abreast with the latest technology and software applications as they relate to water resources
- Working with planning and grants staff to fund and execute various projects related to water resources
Managerial responsibilities include:
- Communicating work plans and goals
- Monitoring and reviewing work to ensure quality while overseeing project development
- Creating and supporting a culture of continuous improvement
- Developing partnerships and securing sub-consultants
- Making budgeting and contracting decisions
- Interfacing with clients to develop strong working relationships through project interactions
- Participating in proposals and business development activities in existing and expanding markets
Am I qualified for this position?
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited engineering curriculum with a major concentration in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer license in the state of Louisiana and Mississippi - or ability to obtain license(s) through reciprocity
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Water Resources project delivery
- Proficiency with ArcGIS and 2D H&H modeling software systems (HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS)
Why work for Fenstermaker?
Our success is based on establishing lasting partnerships and providing innovative, high-quality products and services. We conduct our business ethically, honestly and with integrity in everything we do. Our core values define the way we do business.
We treat everyone like family and put people over policy.
We place an emphasis on safety and are supportive and empathetic in rough times.
We leverage our multi-disciplinary strength to benefit our clients.
We communicate, collaborate and execute together, as a team.
We treat others the way they want to be treated - with respect.
We create unforgettable experiences and build lasting relationships and establish partnerships.
We believe growth creates opportunity and gives us the capability of building long-term careers.
We encourage and reward innovation.
We serve our clients in ways that make the competition irrelevant.
We create a unique experience for our team members.
EOE/AA Employer. Applications confidential.